#tbt to the video that started it all by Jax The Puppy
• Withdrawal of Israeli tanks from the Gaza border.
• Freeing all the prisoners that were arrested after the killing of the three youths.
• Lifting the siege and opening the border crossings to commerce and people.
• Establishing an international seaport and airport which would be under U.N. supervision.
• Increasing the permitted fishing zone to 10 kilometers.
• Internationalizing the Rafah Crossing and placing it under the supervision of the U.N. and some Arab nations.
• International forces on the borders.
• Easing conditions for permits to pray at the Al Aqsa Mosque.
• Prohibition on Israeli interference in the reconciliation agreement.
• Re-establishing an industrial zone and improvements in further economic development in the Gaza Strip.
It’s funny how truces put forward by Hamas are declined and largely ignored by MSM but the moment Hamas reject any farcical truces agreed to by Israel (which keep the inhumane blockade on Gaza intact, for example) it’s front page news and you’ll never hear the end of it. ‘HAMAS REJECTED THE TRUCE HAMAS DOESN’T WANT PEACE’.
ok listen, it doesnt fucking matter how “”“spiritual”“” and “”respectful”“you think you are, youre not part of the culture. thats it. you cant wear a bindi, there is literally nothing you’re gaining from wearing a bindi anyway. and white people wearing a bindi does jack shit. you wearing the bindi doesn’t make the people of the culture feel respected, because when you wear it? you’re seen as a fashionable white girl. when brown people wear it? they’re called fobs, told to go back to their own country, ridiculed.
as a white girl youre privileged, you get to hide behind your white skin, you get to pick and choose parts of different cultures because you think theyre pretty and cool. well guess what, me and others like me? we dont get to do that. when we practice our OWN culture, we are looked down upon, while you do the same thing, and because of your white skin, you’re praised for it. you wanna wear a bindi? fine. but make sure you take the entire religion with you. take the burden of racism and brown skin with you. take the centuries of discrimination, blood, sweat, and tears with you. then, and only then, can you wear the bindi.
So as much as you think you’re “helping”, you’re not. so shut the fuck up and just accept the fact that your bitch ass should not be wearing a bindi. also, youre a piece of shit.
So Paula Deen has a new cooking network. Not one show but a whole network. Tell me again about the poor racists having their lives ruined.
yeah this is ur daily killjoy reminder that if ur attitude towards gay ppl is “love the sinner hate the sin” then ur still a homophobe congratulations
- Israel forcibly sterilised Ethiopian immigrants
- Israel harvested the organs of dead Palestinians without consent
- Any mention of Israel wiping Palestine off the map
- Israelis chanting ‘Death to Arabs’ (an extremely regular occurrence)
- Their top Rabbis signed a religious ruling forbidding renting homes to Palestinians/non-Jews
- 'Price tag' attacks by Israelis on churches, monasteries, mosques and graveyards (Christian and Muslim)
The thing about making fun of triggers is that, like, you don’t know the environment the person suffering w/ PTSD or whatever was in at the time of their trauma. The strangest things trigger me. Of course CSA and rape and all sorts of things factor into this….
The Notorious Wee and Dumpy Interview
Those people who believe Steven Moffat is not sexist, really do need to see this interview and take note.
When he talks about Matt Smith, it’s all about the acting, the charisma, the aura. The whole package. He clearly thinks Matt is smashing and even talks about how in the audition process, Matt wowed him so much he decided to go for a young Doctor instead of an older one.
In contrast, everything he says about Karen is based on her looks. He describes how disappointed he was when he thought she was ‘wee and dumpy’ and then how relieved he felt when he saw she was actually tall and pretty.
Sexism isn’t always an out and out hatred of women. Sometimes it can be in an outlook, in the way people think, and the way people express those thoughts.
I know Moffat means no harm by this, in fact, he clearly believes he is complementing Karen by talking about her good looks. But the fact remains that the male cast member is appreciated for his talent, and the female cast member (who is sitting right beside him) is appreciated for her looks.
It’s a double standard, and very disrespectful. Certainly, it’s a worrying attitude for the showrunner of one of the most popular and iconic shows to grace British television.